HOW TO RESET THE COUNTER ON JEEP CHEROKEE?
You have performed regular maintenance on your Jeep Cherokee and would like to reset the maintenance counter to zero . Now, this can be interesting if you want to know when to do the next oil change. Problems, you don’t know how to fix?
This is the reason why in this tutorial we will first explain to you by what means to reset the counter of your jeep Cherokee after each oil change. Then we will detail the difference between an odometer and a trip meter. And finally, if you are interested, we will tell you the benefits of resetting the counter on the jeep Cherokee.
THE METHOD TO RESET TRIP ODOMETER ON JEEP CHEROKEE:
- Begin the procedure by contacting your vehicle but without starting the engine. In other words, you shouldn’t do more than a quarter turn with the key.
- Find the bouton the maintenance desk that will be available at the bottom right of the screen number of kilometers
- Press the button, you should see a count from ten to zero appear on the screen.
- Wait pressed the button until the end of the countdown.
- Bath remove the key from the ignition and replace it to start the engine .
- If tampering has worked, the daily counter should normally be reset.
If the drain indicator remains on, do the following:
- Turn on the ignition on your jeep Cherokee but without starting the engine in the same way as before.
- Push the throttle as far as possible .
- Then press the brake pedal 3 times .
- Remove the ignition.
- Turn on the ignition to restart your vehicle .
- normally the indicator light should go out with the others.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ODOMETER AND AN ODOMETER ON JEEP CHEROKEE:
Be careful not to confuse the Odometer and the daily counter . The odometer on your car is intended to record the number of kilometers traveled by car since its creation.
The daily meter or also called the maintenance meter, only helps you know when to filter your next drain OR know the autonomy of your vehicle in case the fuel gauge turns out to be faulty.
Therefore, the odometer is the reverse of the maintenance meter. it is not doomed to be rebooted. Therefore, we strongly recommend not to perform this type of manipulation.
WHY RESET THE MAINTENANCE COUNTER ON JEEP CHEROKEE?
Several Cherokee jeeps have a seer maintenance tool that reminds you to change the oil. And it is quite practical because we can quickly end up forgetting to do it. and ultimately this can damage your car prematurely in the event that maintenance is not performed frequently.
However this warning light turns off when you have crossed a certain number of kilometers because it is generally advisable to keep your car around 15 to 20 km. So if after maintenance the meter does not reset, you will have the light constantly on on your dash.
Top Discount Of Jeep Accessories Promo Codes
But it can be a bit painful but especially it will not indicate the next oil change to perform. So it’s a bit embarrassing because it’s quite useful. If you want more details about changing the oil of your Jeep Cherokee, do not hesitate to consult the tutorial below: the price of an oil change for jeep Cherokee
Another benefit of resetting the odometer on your jeep cherokee is when you have a meter malfunction. In fact, if you can’t tell how much gas is in your vehicle’s tank, it will be helpful to be able to reset the meter to zero.
Since it is possible to measure the average range of your jeep Cherokee depending on the number of kilometers traveled, it will be practical to reset the counter.
So in case you are having problems with your jeep Cherokee meter, feel free to refer to the tutorial below: jeep cherokee meter won’t go up.
This manipulation can also be interesting when you want to rent your vehicle between people to verify the number of kilometers traveled by the rental company.
To finish: resetting the counter to zero on your jeep Cherokee will be quite practical to follow the article of your jeep Cherokee or also deal with a gauge problem. So feel free to do this task as soon as you need it, as it will save you from circumstances where you try to retrieve the starting number from the counter and perform calculations.
See About Makeup